Community Registered Dietitian
for the CHEF Kitchen at the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio
The Community Registered Dietitian is responsible for implementing the CHEF program curriculum, will develop and implement programs in the teaching kitchen, and will assist with nutrition efforts for other healthy lifestyle programs.
- Implement culinary education programs at the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio.
- Education programs will be offered to; members, parents, community members, and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement nutrition components for healthy lifestyle programs.
- Oversee and operate the culinary kitchen and offer registered Dietitian services at the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio.
- Educate BGCSA members on healthy eating practices as part of their BGCSA membership.
- Track progress of program participants and develop a communication system to engage members beyond the program.
- Attend Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio events and provide cooking demonstrations as needed.
- Provide guidance as needed to BGCSA existing healthy lifestyle curricula and staff wellness programs.
- Model best practices related to nutrition programs at the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio.
- Collaborate with development team members to communicate community wide nutrition events and classes being held at the Boys and Girls Club of San Antonio.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Community Registered Dietitian is appointed by the Director of Branch Operations after the approval of the Human Resources Director, and is directly accountable to the Branch Director.
- Registered Dietitian certification is required.
- Experience in a youth serving nonprofit environment is preferred.
- Certified food handlers certificate required or must obtain within 60 days of employment.
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
- Employee must have working knowledge and expertise of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to work with integrity, discretion and a professional approach.
- A Texas Driver’s license is required as well as capacity to drive to various locations within the greater San Antonio metropolitan area.
- Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: CPR Pro and First Aid.
- Must possess good character and decision making skills.
- Must possess a sincere interest in children, maturity, self-control, and sound judgment.
- Must have working knowledge of positive youth development and positive behavior management skills.
- Must have the energy and ability to get things done within specific periods.
- Must support the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Must uphold the policies and procedures of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio.
- Possess record keeping skills.
- Possess skills for communicating clearly and knowledgeably.
- Possess and demonstrate the ability to function objectively and fairly in all aspects, including discipline.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIROMENT:
Must be able to safely lift 40lbs. must be able to work in an office atmosphere as well as all areas of branch facility, and outdoor environments.
The Mays Family Clubhouse
123 Ralph St.
San Antonio, TX 78204
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.