NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size = 1/2 cup (147g); Servings per container = 8; Calories 220; Total Fat 7g (11%); Saturated Fat 2g (10%); Cholesterol 30mg (10%); Sodium 115mg (5%); Total Carbohydrate 33g (11%); Dietary Fiber 4g (16%); Sugars 14g; Protein 7g (14%).

Baked Oatmeal with Berries

8 servings / 1 serving = ½ cup

Baked Oatmeal with Berries

8 servings / 1 serving = ½ cup

Final-CHEF-Stamp-KNOCKED-OUT_33INGREDIENTS

  • 2 ½ cups rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon cardamom (optional)
  • 2 ¼ cup low-fat milk or unsweetened non-dairy alternative
  • 1 large egg
  • Zest of 1 orange
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Scant, 1/3 cup real maple syrup or honey
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 ½ cups mixed blackberries
  • ¼ cup toasted pecans, chopped

 

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a square baking dish (8 or 9”).
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: rolled oats, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and ground cardamom, if using.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg, zest of 1 orange, vanilla, maple syrup or honey, and melted butter or canola oil. Whisk well, and then pour into dry ingredients. Fold in fruit.
  4. Scrape the mixture into the baking dish and lightly tap against the counter to release any air bubbles.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes, and then sprinkle pecans. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
  6. Remove dish from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size = 1/2 cup (147g); Servings per container = 8; Calories 220; Total Fat 7g (11%); Saturated Fat 2g (10%); Cholesterol 30mg (10%); Sodium 115mg (5%); Total Carbohydrate 33g (11%); Dietary Fiber 4g (16%); Sugars 14g; Protein 7g (14%).

© 2017 - 2018 Copyright. Goldsbury Foundation.

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares
Share This
X