by Katy Bowen, MS, RDN, LD
Get your game face on! It’s almost time for the Super Bowl! Traditional Super Bowl foods tend to be loaded with calories, fat, and sodium. Instead, try these delicious and nutritious Game Day recipes that are sure to please:
Serving Size: 5 Mini Cheeseburger Bites
1. Skewer Grape tomato
2. Add Romaine Lettuce
3. Add 1 pickle slice
4. Add cube of cheddar cheese
5. Add mini meatball
½ lb lean ground beef
¼ cup whole grain bread crumbs
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 tsp dried parsley
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Roll mixture into small balls, about the size of a grape.
4. Place on a nonstick baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 155°F.
Red or Green Bell Pepper Sticks
2 Grape tomatoes on toothpick
CHEF Ranchy Dip [view recipe]
Assemble in a small plastic cup
Serving size: 2 sliders
2 Whole wheat buns
3 ounces of Shredded chicken
1 tsp Buffalo Sauce
Top with lettuce and tomato (optional)
Layer romaine lettuce with your favorite veggies
Suggestions: Cucumbers, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes
Top with CHEF Italian Style Dressing [view recipe]
Layers from bottom to top: